1. We worship and pray to a big God who has big plans.
- Worship is not just music, it's the full trajectory of our lives.
- In corporate worship at Grace our goal is to ascribe greatness to God. Our hope is to create an environment where people can connect with God in all His glory.
- The book of Acts provides a great study of the church at prayer- their prayer was defined by a sense of desperation for God to show up.
- God's people must pray bold prayers because God has bold plans for us.
2. We teach the Bible - even the tough parts.
- Our commitment at Grace is to teach Bible. We have a high view of the Scriptures and won’t pull punches or water it down when we teach it.
- We're also committed that the scriptures are not only taught by the Pastors but from one to another within the church.
- Those who are more mature should be instructing the next generation in the ways of faith.
3. We grow in our faith. There's always a spiritual next step.
- There is an expectation throughout the scriptures that true followers of Christ will be making consistent spiritual progress. The theological term for this is progressive sanctification.
- We recognize that every faith journey is different and there is no such thing as assembly-line spirituality. God is a hand-crafter, not a mass-producer.
- But there is something common common to all Christ-followers no matter how new or how mature, there is always a next step toward Christ-likeness.
- Our commitment at Grace is to provide spiritual coaches to help at every step as people pursue spiritual maturity. We've identified some of the common characteristics of growing disciples as
- L ive in community
- I nvest in others
- V olunteer your time
- E quip yourself
You can find values 4, 5, 6 here and 7, 8, 9 here